hi! i’m laura and i’m a creative wedding photographer
I live in Stoke on Trent, in Staffordshire with my ginger bearded boy, Simon and our puppy, Pixel. I wasn’t a person who was given a camera as a child and instantly fell in love. Photography found in my early twenties and became a way of processing the ups and downs of my life. Wedding photography is a dream come true for me. It allows me to surround myself with happy, smiley people, be creative and give my couples memories of them on their very best day.
Booking a wedding photographer can be quite a daunting task. There are so many options and you may feel a little overwhelmed. I prefer to keep things simple. My wedding photography style is as natural as possible, so that you can enjoy every second of your day. I won't make you pose for hours on end because I don't believe that this is how the best photographs are taken.
- I'm a big fan of music with quite an eclectic taste but am sadly a terrible singer.
- My favourite colour is mustard yellow. It's just the best one.⠀⠀
- My all time favourite TV show is Grey's Anatomy. As soon as I reach the end, I restart it.
- I own far too many house plants and am considering giving them names.⠀
- My grandad is my biggest fan and my cheerleader. He was a professional photographer and I love that it makes me like him.
- I love collecting tattoos and growing my record collection.
- I recently started making pottery, mostly on a wheel.
- I love to travel. My favourite place so far is Thailand.
- I recently got into youtube cooking channels. I can highly recommend Binging with Babish
and Claire Saffitz.
- I believe that there’s nothing worse on this earth than sprouts and men in speedos.⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀
I’m definitely not a ‘say cheese’ sort of photographer.
I won’t make you feel awkward, or fake. I might make you laugh so hard that you snort. My photographs are simply about happiness and love. I love shooting in front of big doors, quirky spots and in lovely evening light. My couples are looking for someone who takes honest, natural images that are a true reflection of their day. They are also not big fans of posing and so I tend not to do much of this. If you’d like to chat about your wedding photography, then please do get in touch.
my family photo album